The members of IAM Local Lodge 712 at Collins Aerospace unit in Mirabel voted 95% in favour of their new contract. The efficiency and thoroughness of the bargaining committee played an important role in this negotiation.
The work of Matthew Delego and Jonathan Barbeau was exemplary during these negotiations,” said Luc Frigon, District 11 Business Agent responsible for the Collins Aerospace unit. By keeping a cool head and remaining focused on their objectives, they were able to meet all of their brothers’ and sisters’ demands.
Here’s a look at the gains:
- Overall salary increase of 7.7%.
- 2$/hour bonus for the trainer.
- Decrease in hours for the night shift (from 8 hours to 6:30)
- Letters of agreement added to the collective agreement;
- Progressive retirement of 3 and 4 days.
- Leave of absence without pay.
- Vacation entitlement between the first week of June and the last week of September.
- Addition of 40 hours in the flexible time bank.
- Introduction of a calculation system on the allocation of overtime.
- Clauses on unpaid leave.
- Commitment bonus of $2000. Note that members have the option of receiving 100% of the bonus or converting all or part of it into flex time.
It should be noted that the new contract was accepted on the same day that the previous contract expired. The effectiveness of the bargaining committee and the solidarity shown by the Collins Aerospace members certainly helped to bring the negotiations to a quick conclusion.
For a union to fulfill its role, we all have to stick together, and this is even more true when negotiating a contract,” explains Luc Frigon. That’s why I want to congratulate the Collins Aerospace workers who stood by their negotiating committee from start to finish.
The group of 25 workers of the Collins Aerospace unit are assigned to the manufacturing of engine nacelles for the Airbus A-220 aircraft. They work at the A-220 assembly plant in Mirabel.
This article was originally posted on the IAM Canada website. View the original post here: Three-year agreement for members of the Collins Aerospace Unit (Local 712)