IAM District Lodge 78 played a lead role in the Canadian Labour Congress (CLC) Lobby Day on Parliament Hill on February 25, 2020, with a dozen members and Business Representatives in attendance.
In total, 84 IAM members from across Canada and almost 400 CLC labour affiliates met with their respective MPs and Senators, in what was the largest CLC lobby ever held, to amplify our call for:
- Universal pharmacare
- Protecting workers’ pensions
- Raising the minimum wage
- Ratifying the International Labour Organization’s Convention 190 to end Violence and Harassment
IAM also used the opportunity to lobby for issues specific to our members’ work, including:
- Developing a unified Canadian aerospace strategy
- Getting rid of contract-flipping
- Having a fair dispute resolution process for airport screeners
“It is inspiring to see so many IAM members actively involved in this CLC lobby,” said IAM District Lodge 78 Directing Business Representative Kim Valliere.
“Our issues affect everyday working people and their families. We are the voice of thousands of IAM members and we made sure our voices were heard.”